Attention graduating nurses: Our next Graduate Nurse Residency begins in January
By Justin McKenzie Nov 2, 2016
Start your nursing career with Wyoming Medical Center. We offer comprehensive orientation for new graduates to ensure they fit well and function effectively as part of our team. The year-long Graduate Nurse Residency builds upon your college education with activities that help you prepare for practice on your hired unit and shift.
The Graduate Nurse (GN) will pursue a defined program of classroom, simulation lab, and online education, as well as preceptored on-the-job training, in the WMC Nurse Residency program. The Nurse Residency program provides skills and experience that enable the Graduate Nurse to ensure the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care in line with regulatory standards, best practice and WMC policy. The Nurse Residency program will last for 12 months with preceptorship lasting from six weeks to six months depending on the GN's assigned nursing department. The GN resident will be expected to participate in and complete all assigned requirements as part of the program.
Education and experience
- Associate’s degree in Nursing from accredited school of nursing or successful completion of Diploma RN program is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing is preferred.
Certificates, licenses and registrations
- Current Wyoming Graduate Nurse (GN) license is required.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers is required.
- It is required that you sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) within 30 days of hire.
- Successfully passing the NCLEX and obtaining a full Wyoming RN license is required prior to the expiration of the GN license.
McKenzie is a talent acquisition specialist at Wyoming Medical Center. He has worked in healthcare recruitment and human resources for seven years. Prior to WMC, he worked with Mercey Hospital in Hot Springs, Ark., and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Contact him at (307) 577-2088 or email email@example.com.